Not Quite My Tempo

Whiplash is one of the most spellbinding movies I have seen in a long time. JK Simmons! Take a bow. Amazing performance. And a beautiful end. 

You may think this is a little lame, but I have to write this.

Can you imagine Terence Fletcher as a teacher in an engineering college? What if every college had a Fletcher? That wouldn't help the literacy rate. Would it? Three and a half years in PICT, I can totally picture him as a teacher here. 

First lecture.
"There are no two words in English language more harmful than "good job". You all are here for a reason. You believe it right? Say it."

Answer a question incorrectly on the first day.
"Not quite my tempo"

Answer a question incorrectly on the second day.
*Try and dodge the projector thrown at you*

Now, the most dreadful part. The VIVA:

*First person comes in, let's call him Johnny Evans*

Fletcher: "Do you think you have answered the question correctly?"
Evans: *clueless, starts panicking*
Fletcher: What are you looking at, look up here, look at me. Do you think you have answered the question correctly?"
Evans: "No"
Fletcher: "THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO?"

*Evans starts crying*
Fletcher: "Get off my sight before I demolish you"

*goes and stands near the door*
Fletcher: "I can still f*ing see you"

*goes away*
Fletcher: "For the record, he had answered it correctly, but he couldn't figure that out, and that's bad enough"

*Next person comes in, let's call him Jon Snow*

Fletcher: "Tell me what do you think is a better option in this situation"

*Explains the situation*

Fletcher: "TCP or UDP?"
Snow: "I don't know"

*slaps him in the face*
Fletcher: "TCP or UDP?"
Snow: "I don't know"

*slaps him in the face*
Fletcher: "Now, TCP or UDP?"
Snow: "TCP"
Fletcher: "So you do know the difference. You are upset"

*Snow nods*
Fletcher: "Say it"
Snow: "I am upset"
Fletcher: "Louder"
Snow: "I am upset"
Fletcher: "LOUDER"
Snow: "I AM UPSET"

*Snow starts crying*

Fletcher: "You are a worthless, friendless little piece of shit who is now weeping and slobbering all over my desk like a nine year old"

Comments

  1. Interesting perspective. However sometimes, fear of the person induces fear of the subject. Having said that, all of us need someone in our lives who constantly keep pushing us.

    That's what makes a good teacher... great (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Inauspicious" to be a widow?

A Word Called Basic.

India for a Girl