One Last Time

I have already attended my last lecture. Reality just struck me. No more of those panic discussions before the viva. No more of those late night Skype calls. Assignment completion. Discussions on WhatsApp groups. Mocking first benchers. Cribbing about the food in canteen. Some things are about to end. I'm not sure how I'll feel when I'll walk through the corridor of the fourth floor one last time. May be some memories will come back to me. I'm going to miss every little thing. Something as small as scribbling on the bench or sitting on the stairs or rushing back to class after the lunch break to catch the last seat.

There's this person who came and sat next to me at the Principal's address on the first day. I had no idea, the bond which had initiated then would go on to become this strong. He told me his name was Aman. Second year of college, Jeevjyot announced himself to PICT as he sat on the bench behind me with his iPad on the desk and iPhone in his hand. A very humble guy who's always ready to help anyone. Someone I can trust with anything and everything. Weeks before FE started, I got a friend request from Sidhesh. I don't think we actually met for at least a couple of months in college. He's again one of these people I don't need to think twice before sharing anything. I hope my chat logs with these three remain confidential forever.

So many new faces in the new class of SE. I hardly knew anyone. But everything happened for the best. I met some of the most amazing people- Ritesh, JJ, Shivani, Aru, Arijit, Rutuja, Vipul, Harsh,  Kaustubh, Vishal, Abhishek, Saurabh, Arpit, Tanny.. among others.

Very few people are honest and polite, both at the same time. Actually just one - Ritesh. More importantly, he supports the same football club and IPL team as I  do. That's where friendships are immortalized. How often does this happen- You're sleeping peacefully in a lecture and the sound of someone laughing wakes you up and scares the shit out of you. Shivani- Dependable and the most awesome batch mate ever. Every batch needs a Shivani. Every class also needs an Aru. If I want to pull off a prank, I know whom I should talk to first. She is one of those people I've always felt comfortable talking to about anything. Arijit- If I list down the most honest, hardworking and humble people I've met, he'd be right at the  top. Vipul, the coolest CR ever. Generally quiet, doesn't talk much. When he does, very few people make more sense.


If there's one person I've always wanted in my department, that's Umate. Another Manchester United fan and a very good friend since the first week of FE. Nachiket and Saurabh Bashirabadkar, we don't talk that often now, but when we do, I feel the same. Like we are back to FE. I'm going to miss those GM meets at BK and cricket sessions at Prithvi's place. Prithvi and Sagar- A Sachin  fan and a Dravid fan. Great memories with you two. We have to go to Goa again sometime. 

If only I could readjust time to relive some of those moments. In a couple of months we'll all move on with our lives. But I hope the memories will stay forever.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the mention! Will also miss those grinding placement episodes :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Inauspicious" to be a widow?

A Word Called Basic.

India for a Girl